The Neurocognitive Laboratory for the investigation of creativity, ability and giftedness
Prof. Mark Laikin - Academic Head
Ilana Waisman - Director
The Center supports and encourages multidimensional, multidisciplinary and complex investigation of nature and nurture of creativity, ability and giftedness.
Research being conducted by the faculty members focuses on:
- social and cognitive factors associated with realization of intellectual potential,
- learning processes and learning environment that lead to the development of abilities,
- basic and advanced cognitive skills related to creativity, giftedness and expertise,
- neurocognitive activity in individuals with different levels of abilities,
- the nature of creativity related to exceptional ability and the nurture of creativity in the broad range of population,
- the ways for identification of high ability,
- the role of family in the realization of high abilities.